As members of our community are certainly aware, the COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in significant changes to operations of Northeastern University, our local community, and our nation. We would like to let you know how we anticipate these changes might affect the work of the Center for STEM Education. The response to COVID-19 is rapidly evolving, and further adjustments may be necessary. We encourage everyone to stay informed by checking the university’s dedicated COVID-19 website frequently. Also consider reading through this guide for what to do to stay safe and resilient during this challenging time.
The well-being of everyone in the Northeastern community is always paramount, and we encourage everyone to take care of themselves and one another as we navigate these challenging times together. Parents, students and faculty may contact us if you encounter questions or challenges moving forward.
Academic Year Programs
- STEM Field Trips: Fall 2020 – Spring 2021: Currently running virtually, Th/Fs
- Building Bridges (Fall 2020): Canceled this semester, replaced by Pathways program (see below)
- Engineering for Everyone Expo (Feb 2021): Canceled
- Engineering Explorations (Feb 2021): Canceled
- BPS Science Fair (Mar 2021): Running virtually, more information coming
New [Virtual] Programs
- Pathways to Science and Engineering [PSE] (Fall 2020 – Spring 2021):
running virtually, free and open to the public
- Alumni Afterschool Program [AAP] (Fall 2020):
running virtually, select participants, applications have closed
- STEM Afterschool Program (Spring 2021):
continuation of AAP, but open to the public (and still free)
Proposal Assistance for Faculty
We will continue to provide support to faculty in the development of proposals, specifically in the support of Broader Impact efforts. Please email Claire Duggan directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Things to Do:
Please check out our Web Resources page for a list of academic resources to keep yourselves occupied.
In addition, each week we will publish a newsletter with a weekly activity (please take part!), updates from the previous weekly update, and a web resource highlight. These weekly updates can be found in our blog.