Young Scholar’s Program Roux (YSPR)
Our Young Scholars’ Program is expanding to the NEU Roux Institute in Portland Maine, starting Summer 2023! The Young Scholars’ Program Roux (YSPR) will take place simultaneously with YSP and will include a field trip to Northeastern and shared virtual homeroom and lunch sessions. Research this summer at the Roux will take place with professor Francesco Restuccia, with research focused on Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- 2023 Program Dates: Monday, June 26 – Thursday, August 3
- Applications Open: Now!
- Applications Close: June 1st, 2023
- Results Posted By: June 10th, 2023
- Program time: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm Mondays through Thursdays
- Students must be permanent Maine residents (i.e. live and go to school in ME throughout the year).
- Priority is given to those students who have low access to similar programs and live within commuting distance of the Roux Institute.
- Only students entering 12th grade in the fall following the program (current juniors) are eligible to apply. Students from any school (public, private, homeschooled, etc) are eligible.
- An even number of males and females will be selected, from a diverse range of demographic backgrounds.
- Absences are NOT permitted unless in a documented emergency.
Please read all instructions before beginning the application. Questions or emails regarding YSPR please address to Alicia Jalbert.
- Complete the Online Student Application
- Please be aware that the online application will take 60-90 minutes to complete, and cannot be saved or restarted at a later date. This program will be held fully in person at Northeastern’s Roux campus in Maine.
- We suggest writing your essay questions ahead of time, click here for 2023 essay prompts
- Two teacher recommendations, preferred in a STEM subject, are required
- You will be required to submit the recommenders’ email addresses when submitting the online application
- Please ensure the email is accurate since they will receive an email once you submit your application.
- Recommendation forms will be completed online by the teacher
- Download this YSP Roux Recommendation Request Form to give to your recommender so they are informed about the program and recommendation process: YSPR Recommender Handout
- A current transcript (official or unofficial) is required and should be uploaded as a PDF file to the application. However, if you are unable to upload at the time of applying, you can send it to [email protected]
- If selected, the student and one parent/guardian must attend the mandatory orientation in June. Failure to attend the orientation even if accepted will result in forfeiture of your slot in the program.