- Please make sure all attending teachers/chaperones have reviewed your role as a teacher/chaperone
- As we take pictures during the event, we ask that you have collected/completed student photo release forms ahead of time. If there are students who are not eligible for photography, please let us know who they are. In the past, teachers have labeled these students with stickers, put them in the same groups, etc.
- We provide each teacher with a set of feedback forms at the end of each field trip. There is both a teacher form and a student form. These forms should be completed and either mailed back or dropped off in our office within two weeks of the field trip.
- We will need a personal cellphone (of an attending staff member) to contact (NOT the school number). This number is provided to the bus company (if applicable) as a contact point and used by our staff to contact you [the day of the field trip only]
- We will let you know student group sizes for each activity ahead of time – please prepare groups ahead of time
- Please be aware that Center for STEM Education (CfSE)/Northeastern University is not responsible for lost bags / valuables. If you do lose them, we will still try to find them / reach out to NUPD/lost and found.
- Lunch is provided by us* in the form of cheese pizza and water. If any students have allergies to this, they will need to make proper accommodations (bring alternative food, be prepared for the student to sit in a different room during lunch). Also, let us know ahead of time how many chaperones will be in attendance so we can order enough food for everyone.
*Depending on funding this year, schools may be asked to bring their own food or pay for pizza.
- The maximum field trip size limit is ~60 students. If you wish to bring more students, we may be able to make special arrangements.
- We only take one field trip per school per year.
- Transportation is provided for Boston schools only. If you are outside of Boston, you will need to arrange your own transportation. The NU campus is accessible by public transportation as well, through the orange, green, and purple lines.
- If a field trip is canceled due to weather conditions, we will (usually) be unlikely to accommodate you within that same calendar year, and will have to move you to the next year.
- Open: Applications for next academic school year (Sept 2019 – Apr 2020) will open August 2019
- Close: Sept 31, 2019
2018 – 2019 Dates
- September: 14, 21, 28
- October: 12, 19, 26
- November: 2, 9, 16
- December: 7
- January: 11, 18, 25
- February: 1, 8
- March: 15, 22