STEM Outreach Programs in the Boston Area
- NEPTUN Splash is a twice yearly event during which Northeastern University undergraduates teach free classes with a huge variety of topics to high school students in the Boston area.
- NUTRONS inspires young people to be leaders by engaging them in exciting mentor-based learning experiences that builds STEM skills and inspires innovation and self-confidence.
Boston Area Girls STEM Collaborative
- SET in the City Day for High School Girls interested in learning more about STEM. The Boston Area Girls STEM Collaborative is committed to increasing young women’s participation in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) by creating programs that spark their interest and expand their knowledge of the multifaceted careers in these disciplines. The Collaborative seeks to make a greater impact by leveraging and sharing their resources. They collectively develop and implement programs that offer young women opportunities to learn about current research, interact with female role models, and access STEM information and resources.
- SCFG fosters excitement, confidence and literacy in STEM for girls from underrepresented communities by providing free, experiential programs and by maximizing meaningful interactions with women mentors in science, technology, engineering & mathematics.
- Cambridge Science Festival is an annual 10-day celebration of science, technology, engineering, art, and math (STEAM) in Cambridge and New England.
Boston Summer Advanced Math/Bridge to Calculus
- Boston Summer Advanced Math prepares urban high school students for their calculus course in their senior year in high school. The program also links rising seniors with one-on-one counseling to prepare for college. Reform precalculus prepares students for calculus in their high schools, and for college. Counseling from Bottom Line prepares for college.
- This day-long competition brings together teams of students from Boston high schools to compete in various open-ended problem-solving sessions.